Chair side Whitening System is a safe, effective & very fast teeth whitening Springvale system. In less than one hours’ time the teeth will become dramatically whiter. The Chair side Whitening is ideal for anybody looking for immediate results. Hydrogen Peroxide, the active ingredient has been safely used for many years in the treatment of gums & teeth.
The whitening process is effective on most discolored teeth. Darker stains, such as those caused by antibiotics are more difficult to whiten. The degree of whiteness will vary from patient to patient, depending on the structure of the tooth.
Bleaching is one of the most common procedures of dental cosmetics. It teeth whitening Springvale that are discolored, stained, or have been darkened because of injury or drinking habits. Any tooth, even those that have had root canal surgery, can receive bleaching treatment. This can be done by a dentist in the dental clinic or at home.
There are two types of tooth stains:
This means the stain occurs from within the tooth. This type of stain cannot be removed by brushing and flossing and sometimes bleaching may not be effective. Some causes of intrinsic staining are injury to the tooth, certain medications (such as tetracycline) taken during tooth formation stage or an excess fluoride ingested during the formation of teeth.
This is staining of the tooth surface. Some sources of extrinsic stains are cigarettes, cigars, coffee, tea, or foods that contain a lot of spices. This type of staining can sometimes be removed by good tooth brushing habits or by professional oral prophylaxis (scaling).
Occasionally people experience temporary discomfort during the bleaching treatment, such as tooth sensitivity. These symptoms are transient & disappear within one to three days after completion of the treatment. It is important that the manufacturer€™s directions are followed precisely. Overall, tooth bleaching under professional supervision is an effective method for whitening the teeth.
Instructions for Home Bleaching
Bleaching is used to enhance your smile by brightening your existing natural teeth. Bleaching will not make crowns, Veneers/Laminates, bonding or existing fillings lighter. If you bleach and have these types of restorations in your smile line you may want to have these changed after you bleach. When you start to bleach we typically have you bleach your upper teeth first when you are bleaching both upper & lower teeth. This will provide you with a comparison so you know just how much your teeth are whitening. Bleaching usually takes 1-2weeks for the complete result. We cannot predict the exact level of shade changes you will have with bleaching, but it will always make your teeth lighter.
- Brush and floss teeth thoroughly prior to placing the tray in your mouth.
- Place small drop of gel in tray at each tooth site where whitening is desired.
- Seat tray completely and firmly onto teeth.
- Wipe off excess gel with toothbrush or clean finger.
- Trays are to be worn overnight.
- When trays are removed, rinse with cool water and remove residual material and store in case. Keep your trays out of the sunlight and heat. Excessive heat can melt the trays. Do not store them in your car during the warm summer months.
- Brush and rinse remaining gel from teeth after Bleaching.
- Remove tray prior to eating.
- You will have enough material to bleach both upper and lower teeth for 1-2 weeks.